FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH/LX/LO/OS/SN/OU economy class food
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2013, 4:26 am
dj_jay_smith

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
No picture, as I didn't take the meal, but I was amazed by what happend on a flight CPH -> FRA a couple of weeks ago.

They came round and advertised the food as being 'potato salad', I declined as I normally don't eat on short hauls, most people accepted including the person next to me. When I looked it became clear that the salad had meat strips on the top.

A man in the row infront asked what the meat was, he was informed that it was chicken. He didn't look convinced and after a few seconds inspecting be declared it as being pork. The hostess then had to read the ingredients and verified that it was indead pork, and him being muslim of course he could not eat it.

So I was amazed because;
1) If they say potato salad I would expect it to be a vegi suitable dish and contain no meat at all.
2) That they didn't check what the meat was before serving.
3) They the meat they offer is pork.
4) That they didn't check close enough (until pushed) and thought it was chicken!

IMHO when there is no meal choice then Pork is the worst meat you can offer because not only do a lot of people not eat it because of religious reasons, but quite a few others simply don't like pork and won't eat it.