FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best site to buy discounted gift cards?
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2013, 8:07 am
jm38750n

Originally Posted by KYBOSH
Anyone have advice on the best way to maximize cashback with Target.com purchases?

I have about $500 worth of shopping to do in the not so distant future. Raise has the best cashback for GCs in that price range (approx 6%) plus the TCB or BeFrugal gets you 2% CB on top of that.

But then there's the actual purchase on Target.com.

Cashback Watch says I can get as much as 6.3% Cashback and I think these CB website will work with GCs as long as you aren't using ShopDiscover (which requires a Discover card be used for the purchase)

If that doesn't work how about the REDcard which is linked to your checking account? Seems you get an automatic 5% off your bill but I wanted to make sure I would still get CB from the CB websites if I use the Redcard.

Looking for the Maximum Cashback is all. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Depending on what you purchase could change your cashback rate on TopCashBack. If it does, then you should use a portal like Ultimate Rewards or ShopDiscover (the Discover card may or may not be required, you should test this out first).

For maximum savings, buy discounted GC's, then use a portal. The RED card is 5% off of what's charged, not the total as what the cashback portals give you.