FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt House (Summerfield) Miami - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 4, 2013, 2:21 pm
mikew99

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I had a one-night stay at the Hyatt House MIA this week.

On arrival at MIA, I had just missed the airport shuttle, so I had to wait almost 30 minutes for the next one -- and it was full of both passengers and luggage when it arrived. Fortunately, everyone cheerfully moved around to make space for me and 3 other waiting passengers.

Check-in was a breeze. However, there was no Diamond recognition whatsoever; I was just handed my keys and pointed towards the elevator. When I specifically asked whether they do anything for Diamonds, the clerk asked me if I wanted a bigger room. Because I was just staying the night alone, I declined. But there was no amenity (no bottle of water, no points, nothing) offered.

At my previous MIA overnights (at the nearby Hilton and the adjacent Homewood Suites), I received a bottle of water and (at the Homewood Suites) a bag with a few snacks. At my previous Hyatt House stays (at the Hyatt Houses in San Jose and Santa Clara), I received gift bags with water and snacks, and in my room was a card from the GM welcoming me to the hotel. But the Hyatt House at MIA, I received none of these.

I did pick up food and water at the nearby Publix supermarket, but the lack of any Diamond recognition was disappointing. It's not clear why the TripAdvisor reviews are more positive for the Hyatt House than for the Homewood Suites. I found the rooms to be similar, and the elite recognition (even as a Hilton Gold) was better at the Homewood Suites than it was as a Diamond at the Hyatt House.