FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New TV Commercial for p.s.
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:18 pm
milesmuncher

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Yawn.

Where's the impact? The emotional connection? The aspirational goal?

Some random guy telling me that PS is just like traveling in a premium cabin overseas doesn't really say much or provide a compelling message.
Couldn't agree more - it just falls flat because there's just no romance, no emotion, no nothing. It's basically reading a bunch of facts.

Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
Granted I'm not a fan of the commerical, but I am happily pleased to see they're investing in promoting their p.s. product. It indicates to me that this sub-product is important to them - enough to be committing some media dollars to promote it.
I agree - though I think it's a bit odd that they're launching this very specific ad campaign before a broader branding / rebranding mass campaign.

Originally Posted by mlx52
Compared to some of the new AA ads, I find this to be very uninspiring. The music background is very PMUA which was nice to hear.
Agreed, I like the new AA ads - they touch on functional benefits (like international wifi), but still drive to a higher-level emotional connection. Having Don Draper narrate doesn't help either