FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cannot check-in on-line. "Please proceed to the airport for assistance"
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:04 pm
Michael D

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by jg70124
What does it mean if I get the error message "We are unable to complete the check-in process at this time. Please proceed to the airport for assistance"?

Premier line rep told me "there might be a glitch, we've been getting some calls tonight," but was unable to check me in. Web support rep said the same thing.

This is for 9:15pm EWR-ORD tomorrow (last flight of the day). Should I anticipate trouble, and allow for extra time at the airport?

(PS: first flight on United in more than a year. In the meantime, ~20 trouble-free segments on a competitor.)
This is troublesome message. +95% of the time I have always arrived at the airport not checked in to be checked in with out any problems. When I call United they cannot tell me the problem and they have not been able to check me in. The flights this has occurred on are international so I have only sporadically been able to check in online. I always arrive at the airport earlier then an earlier flight which could connect be to my destination if that is possible. Only once was this prudent but it ment that I missed a 787 flight connection in biz and had to connect in coach.