FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Qf web site and ASAs
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:36 am
RooFlyer

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Changes to Qf web site and ASAs

Surprise no-one else has posted this - or I can't see it, if there is, sorry.

The Qantas booking engine has been strongly 'enhanced'. There appears to have been a number of changes, but as I haven't been able to get the site to work properly all day, so I'm not entirely sure what's happened. There is also apparently an e-mail floating around, but its seems to have been sent selectively by Qantas. I haven't received it.

The company rep on AFF Red Roo has gone into hiding.

The juicy ASAs have been enhanced right off the web site. You now have to call - during Australian business hours. If you are overseas - too bad - pay for the call while you wait for the call centre to answer at midnight your time. There are very strong hints and indications that ASAs will be enhanced into oblivion in a few months.

People are reporting drastic increases in points requirements (I can't confirm) and that certain multi city itineraries which have previously been able to be booked on line are now 'illegal itineraries'.

Sorry I can't be clearer - go to the web site and try to figure it out (if its working properly).

They've added a bunch of white space on search results - apparently to satisfy the kiddies booking on their phones - so you need to scroll a LOT to see search results.

Overall I think its a disgraceful performance by Qantas. Significant downgrade in amenity (ASAs) - little or no communication about the changes to its FFers; disappearance of company rep on forums; web site simply dysfunctional.

Bloody hopeless.