Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Qf web site and ASAs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Changes to Qf web site and ASAs

Surprise no-one else has posted this - or I can't see it, if there is, sorry.

The Qantas booking engine has been strongly 'enhanced'. There appears to have been a number of changes, but as I haven't been able to get the site to work properly all day, so I'm not entirely sure what's happened. There is also apparently an e-mail floating around, but its seems to have been sent selectively by Qantas. I haven't received it.

The company rep on AFF Red Roo has gone into hiding.

The juicy ASAs have been enhanced right off the web site. You now have to call - during Australian business hours. If you are overseas - too bad - pay for the call while you wait for the call centre to answer at midnight your time. There are very strong hints and indications that ASAs will be enhanced into oblivion in a few months.

People are reporting drastic increases in points requirements (I can't confirm) and that certain multi city itineraries which have previously been able to be booked on line are now 'illegal itineraries'.

Sorry I can't be clearer - go to the web site and try to figure it out (if its working properly).

They've added a bunch of white space on search results - apparently to satisfy the kiddies booking on their phones - so you need to scroll a LOT to see search results.

Overall I think its a disgraceful performance by Qantas. Significant downgrade in amenity (ASAs) - little or no communication about the changes to its FFers; disappearance of company rep on forums; web site simply dysfunctional.

Bloody hopeless.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:00 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Surely this is a Beta version of the web site? ASAs are still available in the FF selection area but are not there after logging in. Who on earth edits this for quality control? This is dreadful. Shame.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
og,
No this is the plan.
Memo has gone out to operators and briefings shared with certain people stating that the newly termed "marginal ASA's" will only be available via the call centre.

ASAs/points+pay are still available via the website, just not the cheap ones.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Been a rumor on AFF since March (now confirmed) [1124 posts on the AFF thread)
http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...sas-48705.html
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moa999
og,
No this is the plan.
Memo has gone out to operators and briefings shared with certain people stating that the newly termed "marginal ASA's" will only be available via the call centre.
<snip>
(my bolding)

ROFL - yes - they forgot to share the info with the flying punters!!

The premium call centre has been giving out directly contradictory information as to what you can do on line and what you can't. Obviously not all of them 'got the memo' either!!

Its a complete shermozzle; a farce; a display of absolute incompetence by Qantas wrt IT and marketing.

Go to the web site. See if it tells you how ASAs work now. See what you can book. See if dozens of Australian cities have been dropped off the arrival/departure menus. See if the links work. See if you get vast swathes of white for those search results that are there. Call the call centre (possibly international call - Aust business hours only) - see if you can make sense when they read out the ASA results they find for you. Don't forget to write them all down as they read them out.

Sweet Jesus. This is a major Australian corporation where a web site is a critical bit of infrastructure. As some-one at AFF said - "it'll settle down in a few days". Yeah, no worries cobber.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:34 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RooFlyer
......... - "it'll settle down in a few days". Yeah, no worries cobber.
Perhaps this has been handled by the "we'll have SkyBed Mk2s in the A330s" department.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:52 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by og
Perhaps this has been handled by the "we'll have SkyBed Mk2s in the A330s" department.
Same department that decided QF economy is good enough to compete with the PEY on CX A330s. Followed almost immediately by the decision we can use the A330s better somewhere other than Perth.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Jun 26, 2013, 3:03 am

Programs: QFF
I got this in my email an hour or so ago.

Use your Qantas Points, pay in cash - the choice is yours at qantas.com
To make your life easier we have improved the way you search and book flights as a Qantas Frequent Flyer member. It's now clearer than blue skies and simpler than ever to book flights at qantas.com when using your Qantas Points.^
Start your search at qantas.com homepage. Once you log in, the new search panel is your single point of entry to search for cash fares,+ Classic Awards or Any Seat Awards. We've also introduced a new look and feel and a handy notification if you're about to be logged out due to inactivity.
Find the flight you want, faster
To start, simply enter your destinations and travel dates at qantas.com and select 'Search Flight'. You will be shown all available cash fares for your search. To view these fares as an Any Seat Award,˜ simply select 'View in Points'. If you wish to book a Classic Award*, then simply enter your flight details and select the 'Show Classic Awards only' checkbox before searching.
Search Now
To help you choose which Award fare type is best for you, here are some of the key features:
Any Seat Awards allow you to:
Book any available seat on a flight with a QF or JQ flight number

Combine your Qantas or Jetstar flight with a range of flights on other selected airlines

Earn Qantas Points & Status credits

Request a Flight Award Upgrade using Qantas Points on eligible Qantas domestic and international routes

Use points for taxes, fees and carrier charges

Use a mixture of cash and points to your liking with Points Plus Pay.≠ You can use Points Plus Pay on all Any Seat Award flights. Minimum points levels apply.
Classic Awards allow you to:
Book a Classic Award with Qantas, Jetstar and selected Qantas Frequent Flyer airline partners and affiliates available online at qantas.com

Use points for taxes, fees and carrier charges for Australian and New Zealand domestic Classic Awards

Book oneworld® Classic Awards

Combine flights in different cabins

Make bookings with multiple stopovers.
You can also search when you're on the move on your mobile, tablet or search for Any Seat Awards with the Qantas App. Download now from the App Store. Experience a new way to search at qantas.com.
Followed by this a short time later

Have your photo taken with Curiosity to go in the draw to win
We have 100,000 Qantas Points to give away in both Sydney and Canberra to one lucky winner*.
Come and have your photo taken with Curiosity, the star of our new advertising campaign, to go into the draw to win 100,000 Qantas Points.
You'll receive a framed photo to take home and pop on your fridge, and we'll email you a digital copy for your own records, and to share if you wish.
We'll be in the following locations, so whether you're a big kid or you've got little kids come and visit us:
Canberra Belconnen Westfield, opposite Sportsgirl, Thursday 27 June 9am - 5.30pm

Sydney Domestic Airport, Terminal 3 (Gate 10), Friday 28 June 7am - 7pm

Bondi Westfield, Level 3 Centre Court, Saturday 29 June 9.30am - 6pm

Parramatta Westfield opposite Prouds, Sunday 30 June 10am - 5pm

Martin Place, Monday 1 July 7.30am - 7pm
We hope to see you there.
P.S For best photo results we recommend you wear bright or light colours and avoid blue.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks Himeno.

Aren't those Qantas folks just fantastic! All clear then.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 4:44 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow - the clearest directions about QF FF: wear bright or light colours and avoid blue
Old Jun 26, 2013, 5:28 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Oh dear, the 'marginalized' JASAs was one of the biggest reasons why I choose to fly QF (I usually fall around 100 SCs short each year - so JASAs help me get over the line! + earning points was a nice touch). What a shame, really.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 6:06 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Glad I booked a couple of JASA's a couple of days ago!
Old Jun 26, 2013, 6:15 pm

Is it just me or does the website no longer even work in Chrome. I couldn't load it properly yesterday or today. Works fine when I use IE.

Not good timing, I was looking to book a JASA :-(
Old Jun 26, 2013, 6:39 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by RooFlyer
The company rep on AFF Red Roo has gone into hiding.
Red Roo is also active here on FT.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Red Roo is also active here on FT.
that is not true.

this came up on another thread here in FT and we could find a total of three posts by red roo in the last 12 months!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.