FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread
Old Jun 25, 2013, 3:23 pm
evoG

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by missydarlin
And with res agents using the same shopping platform, the same restrictions apply to them.
Is this true of all partners? i've noticed widespread inventory discrepancies between AS.com and partner desk when looking for 7H flights, as recently as May. I've also been able to ticket things over the phone that the website would not allow, so the restrictions don't appear to be the same.

Is the partner desk's back-end the same but the res agents have a more flexible interface? Fell free to remove or redirect if this is too O/T...

and thanks for the info Missy

Originally Posted by missydarlin
I imagine it was determined that the very small number of bookings that would be negatively affected by the 330 cap wasn't worth the cost/headache/delay in implementation to get the awards online.
cost of maintaining QF-gds trained employees does sound like a plausible explanation. wonder if the idea is to eventually phase out the partner desk and roll their function into the regular res agents.