FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The bro tank and air travel
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:31 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Wow - I have to admit I'm pretty surprised by the general intolerance and hatred I'm seeing in this thread. I never had a clue that wearing a tank top, having "crappy tribal ink" and such would finally land me in a group of travelers despised by FTers.

...and I usually do it in first or business. Flame away!
I'm sorry you feel persecuted but on my part, there is definitely no hatred or intolerance towards the stereotypical muscle bound, steroid driven lifter who wears the bro tank. For me, it is just that I don't want to see pit hair in a public setting, be it on the above, a gorgeous muscley tanned guy, a university professor or an old man. I just think some things are better left covered in public. I'd say the same if this discussion was about wearing a bathing suit bottom (such as a Speedo) on a plane. At least wear trunks and cover up bits that really, no one wants to see in a public setting. Same goes with a restaurant, a store, anywhere where a modicum of decorum should be observed. Shorts/t-shirt, fine. But pit hair is kind of where I, personally, draw the line. I just think exposed pit hair is not a good look on anyone. Everyone has their opinions and these are just mine. Others may feel differently and that's what makes this world such an interesting place. As long as it's legal, then no one can stop you from wearing what you want but this thread started as an opinion of what people thought of bro tanks on planes. This is just mine and I don't expect other to necessarily agree nor am I demanding they not be worn. Just answering the question the OP posed.