FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NY to Detroit - Food in First Class? [and answer - to be merged]
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:55 am
MollyNYC

Programs: AA Platunum
Question NY to Detroit - Food in First Class? [and answer - to be merged]

In the next few days I'm on AA flight #3689 from LaGuardia to Detroit. It's a two hour flight that departs at 10:30AM.

I'm in First Class and would like to know food will be served if any.

I've called AA and after almost a half hour on the phone, and various supervisors they don't know. All they can tell me is "Refreshments". When I ask "What does that mean, as a cup of water is a "refreshment"?" They still don't know.
I need to know as I won't be eating until 2:00 once I arrive in Detroit. I don't want to buy a bunch of fruit and yogurt beforehand only to be served the same once I board, nor do I want to show up with nothing to eat and served a bottle of water. This is why I bought a FC ticket - for some FC service. I was expecting to be able to get this info from an AA rep on the phone. I realize that options can change daily, (bagel vs croissant, banana vs apple etc) but seriously, they should be able to tell me what "refreshment" means.

I contacted AA through their Contact Us email form on their site and got back an automated reply that they might not get back to me before my flight leaves, so I should call their customer service who will happily answer all my questions. <groan>

Anyone take this flight who can shed some light on what might be served?