FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Warm wet weather footwear.
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:45 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Thanks for all the recommendations

I ordered and received these Crocs Mary Janes from Zappos but sadly they refuse to stay on my feet. I think I am between sizes with Crocs and find that if I size down, I'm okay with most of their open foot sandal-type footwear, but once it's closed or partially closed, they won't stay on my foot

The Landsend ones look a bit too sporty, but look like they may work for a vacation shoe I'm just waiting to see if the SO wants anything else so I can place an order. Will report back on them even though they are not quite what I was looking for.

I was looking at garden clog type shoes and even ankle wellies originally but found that they can be quite heavy. The thing is, when I lived in the city, I would wear proper wellies and then change shoes when I got to work or to where my meeting is. But having moved away and having to do whole day turnaround trips across the NE, wellies are a bit bulky, heavy and awkward to carry all day if I'm not wearing them. So I was hoping for something compact, semi professional and lighter in weight. With the Crocs Mary Janes mentioned above, I was still planning on changing shoes before going into the meetings, but at least they are compact enough to hide in a large ziplock in my tote.

I'm going to look again at what LLBean has. Their Bean boot is a cold weather staple, but sadly the shoe version doesn't stay on my foot, most likely because I have narrower heels.