FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:39 am
FlyingBoat

Data point, yesterday AOR applied for:
Amex-Delta
Barclay-Arrival
USBank Carlson-Business
USBank Carlson-Personal
Chase-Bold
Chase-Ink

All six went to pending. Not a single automatic acceptance!
Credit Score - 798
I see that Barclay, Chase, and USBank all pulled from TransUnion last time. and I have only two inquiries on TU in the last 12 months, 0 in the last six months. only 4 in 2 years.

I do have a lot of open accounts, however. Many of them as an AU. I see, at least from CreditKarma, that it lists all AU accounts. In some cases I have several AU cards for myself on the same account and it even multiplies the overall credit and use for these cards. (I got these cards for Amex deals where they allow a promotion for each individual card. They had no problem sending me for example 3 AU cards to me on my wife's Blue account.)

I wonder if all of these accounts and multiples is causing a bit of a hang up. In previous history I have never been denied a card other than early on when I tried for too many Chase cards in the same 60 days. Seldom received pending status before, but yesterday, 0 for 6 on immediate approval. Very surprising.

Called recon on all of them today and they all say they are just processing and haven't gotten to them yet. But something in the computer check is causing them to spit these out for review.

I have 3 personal cards with Chase and I know they may want redistribution of CL, but they weren't at the point of being able to discuss that yet, and I am also unsure if they redistribute from Personal CL to the Business cards I have applied for.

I also wonder if they are just finally getting smarter. I wouldn't approve myself for these cards. I have been amazed over the years that they keep giving out these bonuses to people who have other cards with them.

For reference as account holder I have:
1 Barclay
2 USBank (a personal and business Flexperks picked up during Olympic promo last August)
3 Amex (2 personal and 1 business)
3 Chase (all personal)
5 Citi (all personal) (didn't hit up Citi this AOR for fear of loosing TYP due to 'abuse')
1 Discover
1 PFCU (amex)