FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can i earn Marriott points when i have dining in Marriott hotel restaurants
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:56 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by dchen2
You should in most cases, especially when charging it to your room though for some non-marriott managed hotels like the Vegas Cosmo Autograph, you'll need to email/fax Marriott Corporate your folio if the credit doesnt post properly.
Actually that's wrong if the OP is referring to a restaurant charge w/o a stay associated with it, which is how I interpret his/her post since s/he mentions Hyatt & Starwood.

Hyatt & Starwood do offer points for restaurant bills when not staying at the hotel, but Marriott doesn't have that policy.

If you are not staying at the Marriott property you are not supposed to receive Marriott points (unless you put it on a Marriott CC & receive them that way). There is no 'folio' to fax; just a credit card receipt.

Some FTers will go to the length of trying to convince the front desk to start an account/assign a room just for the purpose of charging the restaurant bill & then close it out right away so that they can get points. I think that's a bit of overkill just for restaurant spend, but to each his/her own.

Some brands, even if you are staying at the property, you will not receive points for incidental spend. To me, this is the next big thing MR members should lobby Marriott about.

If you have stayed at a property that does earn points on incidental spend, then fax or email your folio to have everything credited properly.

Cheers.