FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost iPhone: Exceptional Service from LHR Ground Staff
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:59 pm
UAfan

Programs: AA EXP | UA Million Miler Gold (former decade-long 1K) | SPG Plat | Hyatt Plat | Avis Chairman
Lost iPhone: Exceptional Service from LHR Ground Staff

Some words of praise for AA. Long story short, groggy friend forgets pricey iPhone in seat pocket after night flight into LHR. Realizes it only after changing terminals. Too late to go back. Transfer desk staff tries to help but phone hasn't been found yet. They give us contact numbers. We decide to call AA after arrival at destination to ask for help...

First, AA reservations agent seems genuinely caring and engaged in trying to help recover the lost phone. Connects us with baggage claim at LHR. I leave a message. Within 30 minutes, get a call back from another great employee at LHR baggage claim who asks for particulars and says will check secure area and call back. Minutes later, another call received. Phone was found ^ and now identified as my friends! Notes made in record so friend can collect on return trip home, which happens, again, with excellent service by ground staff at LHR. We're both amazed and grateful to everyone involved at AA in LHR. ^ ^ ^

I'll be sending a letter to corporate but wanted to share some praise here on FT too. :-:

An aside, other recent calls to EXP reservations about complicated itineraries have been so exceptional that this week I asked one agent (among the best I've ever talked with) to speak with a supervisor so I could pass along my compliments and appreciation.

For the rare times when CS doesn't overwhelm, the times when it does are lately often and very appreciated by this frequent traveler.

Well done, AA. Keep up the good work! ^

Last edited by UAfan; Jun 15, 2013 at 7:03 pm Reason: typo