FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:02 pm
swdke

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I'm sure your UX flight will change its departure time between now and then - wait for the change, and then try and get it moved up.

At T-24, try and do a SDC to the earlier one (you'd have to pay for it, but prob worth it)
Let's say I am unable to change my flight to get to EWR earlier, and my DAY-EWR flight is delayed such that I miss my SAS EWR-CPH connection. Do I call UA to be rescheduled, do I see if SAS can help, or do I see if a United agent at the airport can help with rescheduling? Oh I forgot, I booked via USAir using USAir miles. Do I call them?

Reason I ask is that I had a buddy who flew recently from DAY-IAD, and was to connect to an Austrian airline to Vienna. His DAY-IAD flight was delayed, and missed the Austrain airline fight to vienna. He sought help ironically with Lufthansa who was occupying the gate where the Austrain flight departed, as there was no one with Austrain to help. Lufthansa said they could not help, and they sent him to United, and they refused to help, eventhough he was ticketed through United. So he went back to Lufthansa and somehow managed to get on a Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt then on to Vienna. However, for some reason they did not give him all his boarding passes, the ones from FRA to Vienna. So when he arrived at FRA, he struggled finding someone to help get him a boarding pass to Vienna. When he found an agent, they said his booking was wrong, and that the agent in IAD should not have done what they did. Eventually, they helped him out and gave him the boarding pass to Vienna.

I am traveling with my 73 year old mother, I don't know how my friend managed to find himself in such a crazy situation, but I don't want to face the same situation. So, if I do miss my connection to Copenhagen on SAS, any suggestion on who I seek for help, who should be responsible for help? Is it SAS, United, or USAir who I ticketed with. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Critic
There is an airside shuttle bus that runs A2 <=> B3 <=> C1. Although from what I recall you have to ask to get off at B, otherwise it bypasses the stop.
How frequent is the service from A to B? Thanks.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 14, 2013 at 9:22 pm Reason: multi-quote