FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - planning italy incl aman venice
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2013, 6:18 pm
FlyerEC

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Musken
I ask for list of activities/excursions with costs. The documents that I receive are called different things in different Amans.

Regarding food off the menu, we normally pay the same kind of prices as the other dishes at the menu have, sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more. I do not think that we have ever heard the prices of special wishes before getting the food - it has been "a surprise" for when we get the final bill, but we have never been negatively surprised. Also, when ordering off the menu, we have been rather vague, like saying "we would like to eat Mexican or Thai food or a pizza tonight, would it be possible for you to make this?" and then the chef has surprised us with his solution to this request. Or we have asked for a special meal, got a prosposed menu, made some changes or mixed in dishes from the normal menu, and paid more or less the cost of one of the other special meals they offer. I do not feel that it is right to ask for something special and then be picky about the cost of it. If you have a really special request, you can of course ask in advance, but it is mostly better (and nicer) to discuss directly with the chef once you are there (and he/she will normally not be aware of what you will pay in the end anyway). The nicest off the menu meals we have had, have been prepared after chats with the chef where we find out where he/she is from and then ask if it is possible to make something from that country for example. Of course we will specify things we do not eat or like (not much for us, though) and mention that we like very spicy food for example, but the rest is up to the expert. At least that is how I do it. Cooking is a form of art, and if you want something special, you should not specify too much and set too many limitations.
Originally Posted by 5khours
Hoping to make it to Venice this summer for a couple of days. Anyone heard anything on availability? Need to book early?

Thanks Musken

Olivia RICHLI , GM , has written to me and also provided this info which I do not know how to attach here

Aman Venice Factsheet 210313
ACGV Compendium June 2013 - this includes their activities

FYI - Kage , if you or others are going , check on occupancy , etc , then here's another person you can email.
So best email Cassandra Tavares - Reservations <[email protected]> ( Olivia R directly ) if you'd like to receive too.