FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I be upset? Is service recovery indicated?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:28 pm
mikeef
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Keep asking for compensation for trivial things like this and one day when real compensation is due, they probably wont even read your letters. Standard check out time is noon the keys are pre programmed to work just till then. Sometimes a desk agent thats on the ball will pick up on this and change your key out for you but you cant expect them to remember everyone who requests a late check out. I have been locked out after noon so many times i cant count. Its no big deal.....if you cant og to the lobby in your bathing suit, us the house phone. Im sure they would have been happy to send someone to let you in....thats the "service recovery" you should have expected
I'll disagree with you on one part. I do expect that I won't have to go to the FD to get my key reactivated. It should be done automatically upon request, whether at check-in or a later date. It doesn't seem that difficult to do.

Nevertheless, we agree on the main point: As faults go, this one is a minor one and not deserving of compensation.

Mike