FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF Premium Economy (744) vs BA Premium Economy (77W)
Old May 30, 2013, 6:50 pm
igel

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by ek&sq
Thank you all for your responses. Clearly, QF is the way to go.

Interesting. So is it just the IFE that has been upgraded to A380 standards?

You're right. There is a big price difference on their respective websites. However, on Expedia, the QF option is actually a little cheaper than BA, on my travel dates at least (mid-July to late-September)

My only concern now is QF downgauging the aircraft to an A330-300, which has no premium economy product. In the event this were to happen, would we be upgraded to J, downgraded to Y or be rebooked on BA Y+?
I guess on upgraded aircraft, the IFE will be the upgraded version. At least the flight maps look different so it must be the upgraded version. But whichever version, the PE IFE screens are the same size with the same resolution. But I prefer the older 3-class B744 for the mini PE cabin.

I have had aircraft swops on me before resulting in no PE equipment. So far I have not been switched over to BA even in the days of the QF-BA joint venture. QF either upgraded me to business for free (but then I have status) or swopped me over to another flight eg SIN-SYD swop to SIN-MEL in PE, then MEL-SYD. They called me to discuss alternatives including downgrading to Y with $ compensation but that is a big no-no for me!

Anyway I currently have a swop for a PE SIN-SYD flight in July. QF re-routed me SIN-BNE on QF 51, then BNE-SYD on QF 8, both in PE since QF 8 also has PE. Don't mind that - more status credits and status bonuses. My SIN-SYD-ADL-SIN-SYD is now SIN-BNE-SYD-ADL-SYD-SIN.

To another poster suggesting taking SQ daylight flight - well I have boycotted SQ since 2001 with no regrets!