FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Injured on Cruise
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2013, 10:47 pm
danielonn

Injured on Cruise

I came back from a cruise and on one night I slipped in the restroom(there were maintenance issues) and there was no sign that the restroom was closed or had a wet floor. As I was going to the sink I slipped and hit the wall and ground really hard. Right away I called the front desk and then went to the medical center where they diagnosed me with a contusion after an x-ray.

It was hard to enjoy the cruise after that. I asked for a massage but the medical staff advised against it. They first offered 10 percent Future Cruise Credit which I declined then they offered 20 percent which I declined too because it was really hard to move as some days were ok and others I was in pain.

So when I got home I wrote a letter to the corporate office telling them about the situation and how it was hard to enjoy the cruise due to the injury. I asked them to compensate for any medical dr's as well as another cruise. Thus could be a lifelong or long time injury. I'm hoping they will comply as they want to make their passengers happy.

Did I do well by documenting the case, having a copy of the X-Ray on a CD and refusing the low future cruise credits offered. 20 percent is barely anything off a $ 700 per person cruise+airfare for a 15 night cruise. I could not participate in a lot of activities.

Any advice on how to proceed is most appreciative. Do I need to refer to a Maritime Lawyer who practices injury law? Would you be doing the same under similar circumstances? I hope I'm not overreacting because an injury caused by poor maintenance(I fell in what felt like liquid to clean the floor or a leak you could not see a puddle) does not bode well with me.

Thanks