FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old May 28, 2013, 9:35 am
dublin487

Originally Posted by gblakeb
Just checked for the time that I'll be there and resort view doubles and kings are available at the standard point rate. It looks like the points required for premium room award have doubled at a minimum and are up to 5x higher than they were when I booked. I booked an Oceanview 1 Bdrm King suite for 77K and change a night. Now its going for 184,440 a night.

Even more dramatic, the presidential suite was 94K a night, and is now 466K a night.
If you don't mind me asking, what dates were you looking at? I just did some more searching of various dates between now and April 2014 (arbitrarily) and still can't find a single room at the standard 50k rate other than the RESORT VW-MOBILITY ACCESS ROLL IN SHWR-1KING (for some dates there are 'Premium' awards available for much fewer points than 50k, but that's another topic entirely).

When I search on my dates, there are certainly plenty of normal rooms of various types available for cash, and several of them are in fact less expensive than the cash price for the mobility access room, so I would hope I could manage to get into one of those...