FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old May 28, 2013, 7:27 am
gblakeb

Originally Posted by dublin487
Hi,

Just tried booking an AXON for July, and it looks like the only room type that is available at the standard award rate (50k per night) is ACCESS ROLL IN SHWR 1KING.

This seemed odd to me and I figured it might be a result of it being a busy time of year, so I started looking around at other random dates in the fall, and it seems like every time I search, the accessible resort-view rooms are the only ones available at the standard rate.

Does anyone know if this is a new policy or something? It seems kind of odd, and I'm pretty sure I'd prefer to be in a more standard room rather than an accessible one.

Any ideas what's going on here?
Just checked for the time that I'll be there and resort view doubles and kings are available at the standard point rate. It looks like the points required for premium room award have doubled at a minimum and are up to 5x higher than they were when I booked. I booked an Oceanview 1 Bdrm King suite for 77K and change a night. Now its going for 184,440 a night.

Even more dramatic, the presidential suite was 94K a night, and is now 466K a night.