FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Denial and Recourse
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2013, 6:11 pm
RandomBaritone

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by adamj023
I suggest the poster keep pressing the agency to get a determination of what actually happened by contacting the agency using the mechanisms people have described here. I am assuming you have not broken any laws, but again there could be something I am not privy to.

Legitimate reasons could be failing to pay child support, criminal or suspected criminal activities, customs violations, suspected ties to terrorists or even a simple name mixup and the list goes on and on.
Since it keeps coming up, I wish to repeat that I haven't broken any laws. As for your other suggestions, note that I'm single in the eyes of the federal government -- thank you, DOMA -- and don't yet have any children. Neither do I pal around with terrorists.

This is why the experience is so curious. I'm a literal and figurative Boy Scout, yet I've been deemed "high risk," and treated with genuine contempt by the team lead on the phone this morning to boot. It reminds me of when my dad was audited by the IRS once in the 80s, back when they conducted random audits with no reason other than the luck of the draw. He was raked over the coals for the better part of a day, and they found nothing wrong; if memory serves, he'd actually overpaid. But they still treated him with an unmistakable presumption of guilt, all because of bad luck.