FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switching from Serve to BlueBird - 31 day wait???
Old May 22, 2013, 6:49 am
DutchRyan

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Switching from Serve to BlueBird - 31 day wait???

I'm joining this game a little late but figured better late than never. Anyhow, I drove out to my local Walmart yesterday to purchase a BlueBird card.

I loaded money onto the account and went to the website to register. After completing registration, I was told that I could not have a BlueBird account as I already had a Serve account. Ok, strange, but I figured I would just close my Serve account. Easier said than done. I logged into Serve and couldn't close it, so I called the 1800 number. They told me to call back the next day because their servers were updating. It started to feel like I was getting the run around.

I called back today and was able to close my Serve account. Excited, I logged onto BlueBird to register my new account. Oops, I can't have a BlueBird account because I 'still' have a Serve account. I called the number and waited on hold for half an hour. The CS rep alerted me that I would need to wait 31 days because although my Serve account was closed, it wasn't fully closed for 31 days. Now I'll call back on June 23rd, and probably be told that I need to wait 31 business days or 31 weeks or 31 lunar cycles.

Is anyone else getting the run around when trying to set up their BlueBird account? If Amex's customer service for their charge and credit cards mirrored this experience, I would ditch the bank altogether.

Frustrated!