FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Adventures with Toggle Mobile (Mostly Good)
Old May 17, 2013, 10:13 am
BigFlyer

They now have updated their website and it is now clear that you do not need to register for UK travel (as the global number is the UK number):

If travelling to any of the toggle mobile countries excluding the UK make sure you register for that country before you travel, to do so just login into your account and click “Register Local Number”, then follow the steps on the screen. You will automatically receive a local country number and benefit from the toggle countries local rates. (SIM must be inserted into the phone and have network signal)

Originally Posted by blackjack-21
From their emailed replies to me, you have to first register in order to get a UK phone number (or other country's number from their list) as the number that comes up when you first put in the SIM is their "global number" which doesn't get the low rate on calls. I saw the UK listed in their dropdown list to register, as was Canada listed, but that's as far as I could go, as I couldn't get them to accept either a Canadian or UK address on the website so I could register and then choose which country (UK in this case) I'd use the phone. Fine if the UK is the default number after registering, but the global number that first comes up before registering isn't the one that gets the 3 pence per call. So one must register, which gets the default UK number, or then choose another country from their list. That's probably why the UK doesn't show up on the country list dropdown to choose from after registering, as it's the default number already once you've registered.

bj-21.