FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old May 16, 2013, 2:00 pm
brownie20

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Since I finished my AA AmEx spend early, I decided to apply for a second AA Visa on a whim. I've had the first one since June 2010. I wasn't instantly approved so I figured no go, but today I got a call offering to move some of the credit limit from my other Citi cards to a new Visa card. So I get a second AA Visa.

It's still doubtful I'll get the bonus, but maybe I'll get the statement credit or something. When I activate the card I'll ask.
Originally Posted by cnn
I have the same data point, even better: I got the Visa card (offer #2) in Mar, already got 50k bonus.
Just applied for the AMEX card (offer #3), got instant approval! Hopefully I will get the bonus too. Have 18 EX inquiries in the last 2 years!
thanks for the data points! this seems like great news for those who were only able to get either an amex or visa and the 30K mastercard. may need to have a family member test their luck for a visa!

just an update for those who have been unable to order an AA GC to trigger a statement credit - received a full credit for a refundable AA ticket purchase and have gone ahead and cancelled the ticket. hopefully the credit stays in the account! for the record this was a last resort after multiple failed attempts to buy a GC online and by phone. oddly enough had already received a partial statement credit for award taxes so i was a little surprised to see a full credit on the last statement, but i'm certainly not complaining