FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "PS Flight" - foreign term to United Reservations
Old May 15, 2013, 11:39 pm
twoaisleplane

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Plat
Originally Posted by Kipper0214
I get the following email today: "We have an important message regarding your itinerary flight UA1159 from JFK to Los Angeles, CA xxx. This flight is now scheduled on a Boeing 757-200 with flat-bed seats in United First, and personal on-demand entertainment and in-seat power available at every seat. This flight does not offer Wi-Fi. If you would like to change your travel plans to a p.s. flight that offers Wi-Fi, contact us at ....."
I am envious that you got the email. My flight yesterday (full J fare) was a CO752, no wifi. No advance notice so that I could change flights. And no advance notice at the airport (either onboard or at the gate) to give folks some time to send any urgent emails and to let their offices/clients/whomever know that they would be out of reach for 6 hours.

Although a large inconvenience, it was not the end of the world for me, but a guy near me was apolplectic; he'd chosen United in part because of the advertised wifi on LAX-JFK and needed to be in touch for work. Such a loss of customer goodwill, I don't get it.

I don't really understand the inconsistency here -- why the emails to some and not others? And for what it's worth, one flight attendant didn't know what ps was, and the other did, but specifically said "Continental planes are not stocked to provide ps service." Forget the poor customer experience, it's just bad branding to market a route one way and then just ignore it on the actual flight.