FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ongoing offers for Hilton cards issued by Amex or Citi
Old May 15, 2013, 6:24 pm
TWA44

Originally Posted by rajin
You can call or PM them. PM'ing in particular used to work well, but I believe Amex has completely shut down their practice of matching or raising offers after application. You're probably not going to get the extra 10k points.
Well, we'll see. I guess it is nice to know they used to do it. I did reach out to @AskAmex on twitter and the rep asked if I had the offer and to get back in touch once the card came, which sounded promising. Card came today so I will create an online acct tonight and then get back in touch with her tomorrow.

Update: Via @AskAmex on twitter they agreed to give me the 10,000 points. Haven't seen them in the account as yet but will wait until tomorrow and see if they show. Said they don't do this because offer went to my son, not me, but did it as a one time thing. So I am pleased. I think twitter is good for solving problems like this since it is a little more public than just being on the phone with a rep.

Last edited by TWA44; May 16, 2013 at 1:18 pm