FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old May 13, 2013, 9:05 am
StartinSanDiego
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Wink Linked Amex

Originally Posted by akcae
I did this. I applied for the personal Citi AA Visa last year before I knew about the two-browser trick and Citi's policy on personal card approvals. Starting in October of last year, they kept sending me this solicitation for the "add-on" Amex, and I finally took it in February. It's linked to my original card in a sense that as long as I keep it, the Amex has no annual fee. I received 25,000 AA miles after I put $750 on the Amex.

No clue what this does to my ability to "churn" in 12 to 18 to 24 months.
I have an offer for one of these "Linked" Amexes, too. My offer expired a few weeks ago but the landing page still shows up... we know that's usually good news with Citi!

I wonder a few things about it myself... for starters, I wonder if it would be churnable against other cards (I have one personal Visa that's <30 days old and a M/C from 2008) I plan on keeping the M/C and this linked, no fee card with such a small spend requirement is a no brainer. I'm going to wait 65+ days for my Visa to age, then see if the landing page still shows up.