FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)
Old May 10, 2013, 1:27 am
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

As part of our continuing investment in our onboard product, we’re making a number of upgrades to the interiors of our Airbus A319 and A320 aircraft. We recently began a new phase of installations, so I wanted to take this opportunity to provide you some additional and consolidated information on the future of this fleet.

Our Airbuses will be getting a pretty substantial refresh, including:
  • New seats in United Economy and Economy Plus, which will result in an additional half-inch of headroom an almost a full inch of additional knee space on standard seats
  • 110v power outlets in United First and United Economy Plus
  • New, larger overhead bins
  • Wi-Fi throughout
  • On-demand streaming video for Wi-Fi-enabled devices
So let me see, the main complaint about the Airbus is the small FC cabins. 8/12F. Looks like UA is not interested in fixing that. They are interested in packing in another row...

I am seriously doubtful the new seats will be better than the old.

Power will be nice, but notably that does not show until 2014, why so long? Why not do it now???

And then the free AV goes away, replaced by having to pay for content. Gee that is great. And no CH 9. We all heard a year ago it was coming to CO birds, now its going away on UA birds?

I see nothing here that makes me want to bring more of my travel back to UA, infact the opposite. The goal seems to keep driving folks away from UA by cheapening the product.