FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)
Old May 9, 2013, 7:45 pm
npei

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Flew Airbus A320 Reconfigured (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Well, the bins are getting a little more capacity. For 6 more passengers. That may be a wash.

PMCO fliers, test out the current PMUA a319/320 - about as comfortable an E+ experience there ever was.

A real shame that is going away.

I flew on 4/23 sjc-iah the new reconfig A320 apparently just finished minus the Wifi-streaming video (was not ready for installation -- so I relied on my iPad).
The inside cabin look and felt spanking new, with deeper overhead bins and soft blue hue cabin lighting (vs white fluorescent).
I was upgraded and the seats felt very comfortable with firm cushion back and tush support. Cannot comment on coach class seating (knee) comfort.

Originally Posted by edcho
Just like the old days. Maybe they are just putting minimal investment that will get the most gain out of these A319/A320s until the new 737Max planes get here? Take out the IFE equipment and replace with Wifi = save weight. Replace seats = save weight and add pax capacity. Also, the OHB expansion looks (atleast to me) that the cover was just replaced not the bins themselves.

Last edited by npei; May 9, 2013 at 9:19 pm