FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL GM LAX-SYD on DL ticket (Virgin Australia)
Old May 7, 2013, 2:12 pm
ashill

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by fredq2
from http://www.virginaustralia.com/ws/en...lta-air-lines/

Lounge Access

Velocity Platinum and Gold members receive complimentary entry into owned and operated Delta Sky Club lounges, around the world*.

SkyMiles Medallion Diamond, Platinum and Gold members receive complimentary entry into the Virgin Australia lounge network*.

* On the same day of travel only.

ashili - I think you are saying complimentary VA lounge access doesnt apply because Im on a DL ticket?
Didn't see this until now. I was saying that VA lounge access doesn't apply to the Loft based on DL elite status, regardless of how ticketed.

Originally Posted by fredq2
epilogue:

for the benifit of others with similar questions-

Virgin Australia lounge access is included for GM+ (see previous post). This was automatic with partner gold indicated on the boarding pass I was provided a LAX loft lounge invite for 1 and a guest. Very nice experience prior to the long LAX-SYD leg.

I was able to get a premium economy seat upgrade but it took some effort. I gave the VA loft lounge service rep. a printout of the PE seat I had selected on delta.com and showed him that the delta app was still showing a PE seat selected prior to boarding. This was strange because I had called VA to get a seat assignment on their system (in E). I also was upfront that the DL seat status was "requested", but my only point was that I ws able to select PE seats at booking. This may be a glitch (may have been fixed) integrating the 2 carrier systems. In any case, guest relations came through and was able to get a PE seat.
Hmm. Colour me very pleasantly surprised on both counts. I have been denied a lounge pass to the Loft as a DL Gold, once in January and once in March, when my Gold status was printed on my VA boarding pass. Both times, they said VA elites (or business class) only, and after considerable checking.