FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Birmingham Metropole {GBR}
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2013, 4:31 am
treppenlaeufer

Programs: HH Diamond
Had a number of stays at B'ham Metropole between autumn 2012 and now.

Overall, I like this property, and get treated well with upgrades. However, they appear to be on a cost reduction programme (which was confirmed by staff I spoke to). This resulted in having to chase water in the room for a while (that problem has now stopped and water is in room), and also bathrobe/slippers - there appears to have been an instruction to not supply bathrobes and skippers to rooms where the guest had not paid the room supplement but was upgraded... I was always able to get hold of a bathrobe by phoning guest services, but I wasn't too impressed. Strangely, the last few weeks bathrobes appear to be back in the rooms even when upgraded.

The lounge I like for its view of the lake, the day light, and the staff, but hotel mangement appears to be looking for savings from the food offerings. They need to be careful not to undermine their excellent product which is part of the reason why I'd choose the B'ham Metro over a city centre property (the good size pool is another reason).