FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - J catering - a step in the right direction
Old May 5, 2013, 7:40 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
The vintage champagne has not gone down well. The pink bubbles, on the other hand, has gone down very well.
I'm not surprised and it would echo my own reaction as well. Nevertheless, I still think BA should be praised for having tried. The idea of guest Champagne was not a bad one and while I don't think they ended up picking the specific producers all that wisely, I see merit in the principle of trying to innovate and offer some choice. I would imagine that they will either change their guest Champagne selections or move to a choice of one 'main brand' white and one 'guest' rose, either solution would be good. And I agree with the OP that the Panini is an improvement from the old and rather nasty bacon rolls. Bacon rolls can be something amazing but they need to be made really well, and the CW ones were simply not good at all. I think that the Panini are a bit more 'tolerant' possibly because the cheese ensures that you avoid the risk of something totally dry and stale feeling.