Wiki Posts
Search

J catering - a step in the right direction

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2013, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver
J catering - a step in the right direction

There have probably been a thousand threads on this already but just wanted to compliment on the better J catering on 2 flights I took this past week to JFK.

Roast Cod main course - was lovely - moist, flavoursome, served with a nice rice and chickpea curry accompaniment. Prob the best dish i've ever eaten in J on BA. Had to compliment our lovely UD CC who looked after us during a great flight.

Was told the steak was good too - not tough as old boots.

the Taittinger also much nicer than the old Lanson although the new Grand Boizy Vintage champagne wasnt to my taste - a bit like someone soda-streamed a bottle of white wine.

Return we ate in JFK pre-dining - again the food was pretty good. Breakfast inflight - nice fresh pastries croissant and cinnamon roll followed by the sourdough panini with emmental, ham and mushroom - this was tasty albeit all a little salty - but a bit nicer than the dried up old bacon rolls which tasted of very little.

all in all catering seems greatly improved!
Old May 5, 2013, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I had the shrimp and salmon timbale, followed by the sea bream with lime risotto on my LHR-DXB a few days ago.

It was all quite good. The risotto was delicious and the chocolate orange delice was superb as always.
Old May 5, 2013, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
The vintage champagne has not gone down well. The pink bubbles, on the other hand, has gone down very well.
Old May 5, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I had the shrimp and salmon timbale, followed by the sea bream with lime risotto on my LHR-DXB a few days ago.

It was all quite good. The risotto was delicious and the chocolate orange delice was superb as always.
I just had the same combination earlier today on way to SIN, also quite enjoyed it.
Old May 5, 2013, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
The vintage champagne has not gone down well. The pink bubbles, on the other hand, has gone down very well.
I'm not surprised and it would echo my own reaction as well. Nevertheless, I still think BA should be praised for having tried. The idea of guest Champagne was not a bad one and while I don't think they ended up picking the specific producers all that wisely, I see merit in the principle of trying to innovate and offer some choice. I would imagine that they will either change their guest Champagne selections or move to a choice of one 'main brand' white and one 'guest' rose, either solution would be good. And I agree with the OP that the Panini is an improvement from the old and rather nasty bacon rolls. Bacon rolls can be something amazing but they need to be made really well, and the CW ones were simply not good at all. I think that the Panini are a bit more 'tolerant' possibly because the cheese ensures that you avoid the risk of something totally dry and stale feeling.
Old May 5, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Is the panini on all USA red-eyes in CW?
Old May 5, 2013, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Is the panini on all USA red-eyes in CW?
No. I believe it is only certain out stations which have changed to this one. There are still bacon rolls on some of them.

I believe it is to do with Do & Co who now do our catering at a few US stations, who are a new supplier to us in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.