FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Final Check In time
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2013, 10:41 pm
brenrox

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by FullyIntoNewZealand
For all the flying I do, I have never done this. I have just stuck to the traditional check in process. I'm such an old dog. Just to clarify. My grandparents (very infrequent flyers) had a eticket for thier PMR-AKL flight. could they have used the eticket as a BP. meaning they could just rock up to the airport and when boarding is called, just check in using the printed off eticket??
Well that's what I did....albeit a few years ago (but I have never tried boarding using an e-ticket since). As far as I know, that is the purpose of the e-ticket - i.e you are checked in soon as you book your flight and the barcode on the paper works just the same as an m-pass does; You haven't missed your flight until boarding is complete. Did your grandparents show the e-ticket to the agent? Sounds like they have unfortunatly been taken for a ride if they did and I know I'd be writing a letter of complaint...probably not just to AirNZ either

edit: when I used the e-ticket, it was the agent whom advised me that I could when I was in the process of re-booking.