FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Final Check In time
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2013, 10:25 pm
FullyIntoNewZealand

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints SILVER, KC
Originally Posted by brenrox
A few years ago as Jade I had the same issue as your grandparents, but thankfully I had an e-ticket print out that I could use as my BP and I made the flight. If your grandparents had an e-pass/m-pass or e-ticket they should have been able to use that as their BP?

It does seem very poor and Jetstaresque that they couldn't simply re-print a new BP for your grandparents since they are technically checked in already. I'm sure the gate attendant could even do it manually and simply give them a print out like you get when you use an e-pass/m-pass; i'm sure it's a daily occurance that atleast 1 pax loses their BP between check-in and the gate and that this would be the response
For all the flying I do, I have never done this. I have just stuck to the traditional check in process. I'm such an old dog. Just to clarify. My grandparents (very infrequent flyers) had a eticket for thier PMR-AKL flight. could they have used the eticket as a BP. meaning they could just rock up to the airport and when boarding is called, just check in using the printed off eticket??