FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Final Check In time
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2013, 8:12 pm
brenrox

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by FullyIntoNewZealand
I flew from TRG to WLG the other day. I left Whakatane on time, but roadworks and traffic severely delayed me. I arrived at the airport 20minutes before departure, with two bags to check in. It clearly states on the website and on E Tickets, that final bag drop time is 30 minutes before departure and with Carry on, 20 minutes before departure.

Inside the terminal the Check In staff told me that it was too late, check in was closed. However, They saw from my booking I was Gold Airpoints and immediately they became understanding and checked me in.

This morning my grandparents turned up at PMR airport to fly up to AKL. They live at Foxton and arrived at the airport 15 minutes before departure with carry on luggage only. The check in staff said check in was closed. They are only Jade APs. Boarding for their flight had not even commenced, yet they were not aloud to check in. They had to fork out an extra $360 each for the next flight. Has any one else had a similar experience?
A few years ago as Jade I had the same issue as your grandparents, but thankfully I had an e-ticket print out that I could use as my BP and I made the flight. If your grandparents had an e-pass/m-pass or e-ticket they should have been able to use that as their BP?

It does seem very poor and Jetstaresque that they couldn't simply re-print a new BP for your grandparents since they are technically checked in already. I'm sure the gate attendant could even do it manually and simply give them a print out like you get when you use an e-pass/m-pass; i'm sure it's a daily occurance that atleast 1 pax loses their BP between check-in and the gate and that this would be the response