FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm a big guy (apparently)
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:44 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I have not once experienced an Air Canada FA who would cut off a pax without good reason
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Itīs usually me who needs to tell the FA I donīt need any more wine.
I find I get served about the same amount of alcohol on a SFO-YVR trip (~2 hours) as a YVR-YUL/YYZ trip (~5 hours).

I don't know what it is, but on the longer flights on the 320/321, they just aren't trying as hard to keep me topped up, and sometimes I have to ask.

Whereas on the E190, it gets to the point where I really hesitate when they ask if I want more. I've never said no yet, but I've come pretty close.

I'm always sitting there quietly watching a movie on my tablet, and I'm always polite with the FAs, but I get very different treatment based on nothing more than the flight length or aircraft size.

If a FA tried to cut me off, and I did not believe I needed to be (and I'm pretty good about knowing this), I'd probably say so, politely. If that didn't help, I'm not sure what I'd do. There are reasons I like flying J, and the alcohol is one of them . I certainly wouldn't shout or get violent, but I'd probably write up a complaint after the flight.