FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm a big guy (apparently)
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:55 pm
Dorian

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, absolutely, it´s the FA´s responsibility to ensure that pax are not intoxicated.

Now there are of course always two sides to the story, but I have not once experienced an Air Canada FA who would cut off a pax without good reason (i.e. pax having had a few too many drinks already).

IME it also depends on what you drink. Five generous glasses of wine? No problem, at least IME. Five G&T? I´ve seen FAs making similar comments to your experience / offering a softdrink instead. Even though both pax would have consumed the same amount of alcohol, I think there is a general tendency to believe that wine drinkers cause less trouble.
I was cut off after 3 mini glasses of wine, when I asked for a 4th about 30 minutes past dinner service on an AC long haul.

I hadn't moved from my seat. Had my headphones on the entire time watching a movie. Hadn't drank before my flight.

Was the strangest thing. I think that the FA's either miscounted or mixed me up with another passenger.