FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Malpensa (MXP) Airport, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:11 am
ajamieson

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Hmmm. Nice-looking property, but some serious service weaknesses.

Fantastic lounge with great self-service breakfast selection.
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Yes this place have a pool and you will need a bath cap there...
Not only do you need a bath cap, but it must be one issued by the hotel (fee: 5 Euro) according to the receptionist I spoke to. Bit of a scam, if ask me.

Disorganized check-in, with long lines, even at 11pm. No single line, and no priority line (this being Italy, everyone just barged their way to the front). Similar nonsense at check-out.

Room looked great and was comfortable except, as I discovered in the morning, adjacent to a service corridor. I've never heard so much noise! It was like somebody was hammering on the wall. The bed was vibrating with every collision of a cart, every door-slam. Noisiest hotel room I have ever been in.

I managed to contact the GM about the front desk. His response was that “airport hotels are often chaotic” (his words).

When I mentioned an additional minor nuisance - the bar/restaurant had closed earlier than usual - he said: “Allow me to doubt that this is true.” I cannot see how there can be any excuse for accusing a guest of lying. Underlying attitude is poor, it would seem. Email has gone to Corporate Customer Service.