Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Malpensa (MXP) Airport, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Malpensa (MXP) Airport, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:32 am

no, I was only a few minutes in this suite because no real shower after a flight is a no go. Moved to 2025 finally.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: LX M&M; DL SkyMiles; AA Advantage
Was there twice recently, for one night each. Had a room on 2nd and 3rd floor, both large and well equipped and clean. No complaints at all. This hotel is located very convenient and staff is friendly.

The club lounge on 3rd floor was somehow locked and couldnt get in, the card reader was not working at all. Decided to go to sleep then.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm a big fan of this property. Nice, fresh, modern feel - and the proximity to the terminal can't be beat in terms of convenience.

Few pics posted on my blog if you're interested. link
Old Oct 27, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: SPG, Chase Sapphire, AA, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club, US Bank Flexperks, UA Mileage Plus
we have a layover at Malpensa from 8am on Jan 29th 2013 until out Easyjet flight at 4:30pm...anyone know if the Sheraton has "day rates" ? I've got enough points to book for free...worth it ??? Thanks !
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by homegirlchris
we have a layover at Malpensa from 8am on Jan 29th 2013 until out Easyjet flight at 4:30pm...anyone know if the Sheraton has "day rates" ? I've got enough points to book for free...worth it ??? Thanks !
yes they do have day rates....they are normally available on the site itself but in case you don't see one then just get in touch with the property....
Old Oct 28, 2012, 5:57 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
70€ beatthetimer rates really are amazing...^
Old Oct 28, 2012, 6:22 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Beat the price

Originally Posted by terminalfive
70€ beatthetimer rates really are amazing...^
Amazing. Beat the price, not beat the timer :-)
Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: SPG, Chase Sapphire, AA, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club, US Bank Flexperks, UA Mileage Plus
I'm also thinking (from other posts about this), about getting tickets to view The Last Supper...looks like we'd have the time if not the energy...but then, there's always time to sleep, right ?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by homegirlchris
I'm also thinking (from other posts about this), about getting tickets to view The Last Supper...looks like we'd have the time if not the energy...but then, there's always time to sleep, right ?
Yes, do it!! ^

Couple that with a proper Italian breakfast (cappuccino e cornetto), a real Italian lunch, and a quick visit to the Duomo and quadrilatero della moda, and you'll feel energized enough for a great day.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Quick question...does this place have a pool?

The website shows a picture of one, but on the spa page which lists only sauna and "emotional shower"
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
This link http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...language=en_US includes a reference to indoor pool.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Quick question...does this place have a pool?

The website shows a picture of one, but on the spa page which lists only sauna and "emotional shower"
Yes this place have a pool and you will need a bath cap there...
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:11 am

Hmmm. Nice-looking property, but some serious service weaknesses.

Fantastic lounge with great self-service breakfast selection.
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Yes this place have a pool and you will need a bath cap there...
Not only do you need a bath cap, but it must be one issued by the hotel (fee: 5 Euro) according to the receptionist I spoke to. Bit of a scam, if ask me.

Disorganized check-in, with long lines, even at 11pm. No single line, and no priority line (this being Italy, everyone just barged their way to the front). Similar nonsense at check-out.

Room looked great and was comfortable except, as I discovered in the morning, adjacent to a service corridor. I've never heard so much noise! It was like somebody was hammering on the wall. The bed was vibrating with every collision of a cart, every door-slam. Noisiest hotel room I have ever been in.

I managed to contact the GM about the front desk. His response was that “airport hotels are often chaotic” (his words).

When I mentioned an additional minor nuisance - the bar/restaurant had closed earlier than usual - he said: “Allow me to doubt that this is true.” I cannot see how there can be any excuse for accusing a guest of lying. Underlying attitude is poor, it would seem. Email has gone to Corporate Customer Service.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Not only do you need a bath cap, but it must be one issued by the hotel (fee: 5 Euro) according to the receptionist I spoke to. Bit of a scam, if ask me.
That is definitely not true. You only have to have and wear a bath cap wherever you buy it. The advice was: buy it at the airport or elsewhere where the price is cheaper than here...
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
That is definitely not true. You only have to have and wear a bath cap wherever you buy it. The advice was: buy it at the airport or elsewhere where the price is cheaper than here...
You mean, what I was told was untrue? I'm sure you're right, but she was quite adamant. "It must be this one" she said, holding up a Sheraton bath cap. I didn't have the energy to argue as it was clearly absurd.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.