FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impact of FAA furloughs on DL operations
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2013, 7:24 am
FlyingBear

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
So after some sleep, just some other observations that could be useful.

- The news hit the SFO staff like a ton of bricks. It seems like operations did not keep them well informed initially. They did a good job overall of trying to handle everybody by bringing in more CSRs to deal with the line. Hopefully, now that they know to expect this, they will be a bit more prepared.

- At SFO, for the cancelled 7pm flight to LAX, they were offering to either let you wait for our possible delayed flight, rebooked on the morning, or refund. I asked if I could get a hotel voucher if I had to overnight. The reply was that since it was an ATC problem, not Delta's fault, no hotel voucher would be provided. They did bring out the drink and snack cart into the gate area as well.

[\rant ON] I'm not a mod, but I'm taking a stab here. IMHO, this thread should focus on delays due to FAA and/or TSA staffing shortages. Please keep all political discussion about why/need/cause/etc.. to OMNI Politics. I think it would be more useful if we got a sense of how Delta responds, how it affects us, and useful information for avoiding or dealing with problems (my $0.02) [\rant OFF]

Last edited by FlyingBear; Apr 22, 2013 at 8:08 am