FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Silja Line Overnight from Stockholm to Helsinki?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:23 am
startpacking

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
Originally Posted by tsastor
You are probably trying to book a "route trip". You should book a cruise:
http://www.tallinksilja.com/en/
Select online-booking, select cruise tab.

This cruise includes time in Tallinn and I don't know that there has ever been any control if you will reboard the ship or not. And what could they do, probably some people "miss the boat" on their way back anyway. This is not that much different than booking a return flight ticket when it is cheaper than a one way.
Thanks for the information. You're right some people will miss the ship. I have been to all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico where you need to show the staff a check out voucher (which you get from reception when you officially check out) if you leave with luggage. Just wondering if Silja did something similar. With such a difference in price, why would people book the one way trips? I am aware Silja sells "cruises" at discounted prices and want people to pay for additional purchases onboard, this is how they make their money. I remember taking the ship between Stockholm and Helsinki some years ago and most of the people were only interested in drinking and partying - I'm sure some of these people had hefty bar tabs.