FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR
Old Apr 16, 2013, 7:26 pm
NameCoin

Originally Posted by Internationaltraveler14
Wanted to post my experience.

I submitted my application through the UA program and received the Conditional Approval notice within 2 - 3 weeks. My interview was this past Friday(4/12) at SJU. I arrived 20 mins before my scheduled interview but the CBP officer was kind enough to take me in for processing since she was available. I have to say, I had one the best experiences with dealing with a CBP officer to date. She was kind, friendly and knowledgeable. I handed over my documents and was asked a few questions regarding my international trips from the past 5 years. I mentioned all as listed in the application excluding Canada since the application says travel excluding U.S.A, Mexico and Canada. We shared some laughs and talk about some general topics.

Later, she took my photo and fingerprints and showed me how the GE system works. She described everything in detail and helpful to answer all of my questions.The whole experience was a pleasant one. As she was finishing up, she told me she needs some additional checks and there shouldn't be any problem and will be approved in a day or two.

It's been a couple of days and I don't see any changes to my goes account nor did I receive any email.

I wanted to know how long does it actually takes from interview to approval email?
Similar situation here. I just took an interview today and it was the CBP officer was very pleasant. He asked a few basic questions and made a bit of small talk. He said that my application looked good and gave me some information about how to use Global Entry as well as TSA Pre-Check. The meeting overall lasted around twenty minutes, and I was on my way.

A lot of people mentioned that they received their approval notices almost immediately after leaving. I have not yet seen a change to my application status. Are there others whose applications took some extra time to process?