FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:48 pm
StartinSanDiego
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by chunky649
I applied for and received my AA AMEX recently. However, I did not look at the promotion carefully enough and just realize that I need to spend $5000 within 4 months (instead of $2500).. When does the clock start? My application date or the day I activated my card? (How can I find out for sure?)

An interesting observation is that when I applied, I was not immediately approved. However, after 2 weeks, no email or nothing, so I called the status line and the computer and service rep said they don't have any records of my application... so a few days ago, I applied again, and got the same "we can't approve you now, but we'll let you know via email in a week or 2...". Today, I received my AMEX in my mailbox.
I'm curious, was this using link 1 in the first post? That link is now considered "dead", but some people still got their cards under very similar circumstances. And about when do you apply-- perhaps March 21-23?

For your spend... just call and ask for the cut off date. I often call to make sure that according to the banks records, I've met my requirements for spend. It's easier than guessing. They should be able to give you your total spend to date and the date you need to meet the spend,