FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PIN available now for Visa/MC prepaid debit cards(2013-2016).
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:37 pm
farwest101

Originally Posted by rambo
I went to WM to load a $500 US Bank card to BB. When I first swiped it didn;t go through and there was a button on the swipe card screen which says 'Debit' I think and I touched it and then it processed as debit and it worked. Next time I go to WM, i will capture the info better and share with FT'ers.

I've also found the cashier/CSR can screw up the transaction on their end. Went today and twice had the terminal tell me "Alternate Tender Required" when using my Metabank "debit" cards. But turns out it was the CSR pushing the wrong buttons on his screen when trying to do split tender transaction causing the transaction to fail. He blamed it on the terminal, but I sarcastically said "blame it on the machine" and he turned bright red in embarrassment. Was funny, but I kept my head down and kept my mind on getting in and out.

For the first time, I used their kiosk to buy a $500 MO (max amount allowed so twice the cost) But it pissed the H out of me when it was "guiding" me thru the transaction - the thing was LOUD - everyone w/in 30' could hear I was buying a MO as the "helpful" female machine voice seemed to be on full volume. Since I had just bought $2K MO at the counter, I only bought one $500 MO. But never again - was simply too public for my taste to broadcast what you are doing - and was a safety issue - any thug could easily hear you had a few MOs in your hand - and WM attracts that sort of crowd. FWIW, swipe with my "debit" card went smoothly.

Last edited by farwest101; Apr 12, 2013 at 10:09 pm