FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia schedule change - won't refund ticket
Old Apr 12, 2013, 5:47 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by chebraccia
I have already booked with Angkor...

I am really very surprised at these replies

Makes no sense to me... The connection is no ones business, I bought a flight for a specific time, if the airline changes schedule I should be entitled to refund.. I arrive on emirates first which in my opinion gives me enough time with their chauffeur service to have made it has there not been a schedule change.. It was a risk I was willing to take.. Not with the new time however.

I am more than certain Amex would refund me, and would support my claim, just don't want them to bite back from phn to kul a few days later

Their customer support is awful, no reply yet..

unfortunately you didn't buy a ticket for a specific time... all airline tickets, indeed airline contracts of carriage, are way too vague to constitute a contracted time of departure. they are subject to too many variables... weather, mechanical, schedule changes... you agreed to that when you purchased the ticket... and even if you didn't read that specific clause, as a frequent flyer you are deemed to know it (and the clause is not unusual in anyway as it is consistent with aviation worldwide)

even the EU, with arguably the toughest consumer protection regime, is not going to protect you for a 25 minute reschedule.

having Amex refund you is great... but all of us have to pay for people doing spurious charge backs on items they agreed to pay for but then change their mind.