FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sydney - traveling UA GF - runaround to use Singapore F Lounge
Old Apr 5, 2013, 5:42 pm
daron4000

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by cova
Paid UA GF and full reward should qualify for SQ F lounge. In fact I think upgrade from J to GF should qualify for SQ F lounge as well.

A *A gold card should not give access to SQ F lounge but that is what SQ wants.

The point is SQ doesn't play by the rules. Go to the Star Alliance website and an International F * boarding pass gets you into any * F lounge.

I might say - I had issue getting into the terrible UA F lounge at IAD once - when flying LH F (748). UA says you need to be flying UA to use the UA F lounge that LH F did not count. I talked to UA agents and they let me look around what was a bad F lounge.

Point is though - UA site links you to * site and a GF boarding pass gets you into * F lounge. Otherwise just eliminate lounge access unless it is the carrier you are flying.
I understand the rules perfectly, but was merely generalizing since the vast majority on this board (and the overall population) travelling in UA GF have not paid an F/A/P fare whereas the vast majority of those travelling in SQ F have. In terms of lounge access, look at the number of posts of people complaining for being denied access to the SFO SKL as a *G on a domestic itinerary. If UA won't give access to the RCC, why should SQ? Then look at the number of posts of people being incorrectly denied access to the IFL in SFO for travelling on a *A F departure out of SFO. I am willing to bet that UA incorrectly turns away Star FC passengers from their IFL much more frequently than SQ does.