FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Split, Croatia [Master Thread]
Old Apr 5, 2013, 5:29 am
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FrAAmer
I'm not sure what the attraction is for Zagreb. For us, it was a fine for a day spent before flying out- but unless you are into museums, not sure of the appeal. I sure would not spend time there - even if there was a Westin to stay on points. Plus the hotel location isn't anything special.

Re: Splt- we are working on plans for our return trip. We'll base ourselves at the Le Meridien and take day trips with our rental car - so one could spend 3-5 nights there easily.

I would not miss Dubrovnik or Plitvice Lakes.

You don't say how old you are- but I prefer Korcula to Hvar as Hvar has more of a bar/night scene which isn't our "thing". But an island stay is pretty special - and one can rent a great apartment for next to nothing.
Hvar is great for sailing as well. If you get out of the main town Hvar is very quiet and quite spectacular.

Agree that Zagreb is nothing special unless you are there for business as there are quite a few interesting opportunities in Croatia.