FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rapid Reward points. Trading partners. Hotels/other airlines
Old Apr 4, 2013, 3:12 pm
chemist661
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Coupon Connection can work, but there are definitely bandits there, who have stolen from some of my very experienced traveling friends. Even if you are dealing with someone completely honest, things can still get bollixed.

The best way to do what you want is to meet as many FTers in person as you can. Go to (or organize) local dinners, ballpark outings, etc. in your area, or even when you are in some other city. Check Community Buzz for examples.

In short order you will have a wide range of contacts, who also have a wide range of contacts. Much better to trade with someone you have met, or a friend of a friend.

This is mostly why businesses fly people around all the time; human contact is very important for commerce.
+1.

I rarely do coupon connection but when I do with my larger trades, I always deal with someone I know very well on FT. (and the other party also knows me very well). Win-win for both parties!! If I am giving/trading something small, I have no problem with a newer person on FT. Alot of bonus points (my system ) when I previously met the trader in person.

(Note: I have not been to too many recent FT events due to medical reasons. I hope to get out to FT events ASAP )